Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New specs for 3.2

Patch 3.2 brings some minor changes to my specs (I'm dual-speccing prot/ret).

Let's start with my primary spec:

Protection

The most important change here is that I want two points in Vindication. To be able to get that, I need to steal two points from Conviction. There are no real alternatives here, since Crusade is more threat than Conviction, and I just cannot give up Pursuit of Justice.

The other change is a minor one. I decided to give up on Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian. Divine Sacrifice has been nerfed since I picked it (it's capping at 150% of the paladin's health), and with the changes to Sacred Shield (only one shield per player) I find the improved duration of Sacred Shield in the Divine Guardian talent to be less useful. I usually kept Sacred Shield up on myself, and then the improved duration (and absorption) was useful. Now, since I can only have one Sacred Shield up, I will let the holy paladin handle this.

The three points from Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian were tough to find a new home to.
The alternatives were Divinity, Improved Hammer of Justice, and Reckoning.
I don't see Divinity as useful, since 3% extra healing won't change a thing. It will only give more overhealing done on me.
Improved Hammer of Justice was tempting, but the cooldown would still be too long to be really useful.
So the three points went into Reckoning for some extra threat.


My secondary spec is dps:

Retribution

In my earlier retribution spec I had Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian for some raid utility. These two talents I have now scrapped, since I needed five points in Holy.

Seals of the Pure is now mandatory in the Holy tree.
The new Vindication talent is sexy enough to warrant two points.

I also picked up Seal of Command again. I've been running as ret without Seal of Command for a while, since I only ever used Seal of the Martyr. I believe we will have some use for Seal of Command in fights where there is no time to ramp up the stacks of Holy Vengeance on the mobs to make Seal of Vengeance do enough damage. It will also be a better alternative in PvP.

That left four points without a home. I dumped them in Divinity, with the justification that it could be useful to get some extra heals from an Art of War proc Flash of Light.

I'm leaving my glyphs as they were before the patch. I'm going to revisit them later, when I've got the time. For now, the old ones have to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax