Monday, October 26, 2009

Giants Dancing on my Brain

I missed our Ulduar hard mode raid yesterday due to migraine, which sucked. It's not really possible to raid when it feels like you have two enraged giants tap dancing on your brain, while a ravenous shark is gnawing away at the back of your head.

So I missed out on the Iron Council and Hodir hard modes. Since we did the Flame Leviathan and XT-002 hard modes on Wednesday, at least I got those checked off on my list.

Our little ten-man group got heroic Anub down to 17% a couple of times on Saturday. 17% is still miles away from a kill of course, but we feel that we've got the kill in sight. My gear for the fight is shaping up, but I'm still short 8% from being passive unhittable. The gear set is still making a difference, since the amount of damage made to me is significantly lower than it used to be in my EH gear.

Before the giants started their dancing lessons on my cerebrum and the shark still hadn't reached my medulla oblongata, I attented a 25-man Trial of the Crusader raid with my shammy as dps. I have now completed Trial of the Crusader as all possible roles: Tank (paladin and death knight), healer (shaman), melee dps (rogue and warrior), and ranged dps (shaman).

As in almost every other raid, ranged dps is the easiest role. You tab between targets, keep up your rotation, and make sure not to stand in fire. That's it. Kudos to people who don't fall asleep while doing this every raid ;P

I'll try to make my next post a little bit more useful. Like discussing patch 3.3 and the pleasure of tanking in a dress again, or something.

P.S. If you were wondering: The giants were of course singing as well:
We're dancing on his brain
Just dancing on his brain
What a glorious feelin'
We're enraged again
True story.

2 comments:

  1. You don't need to be passive unhittable for ToGC10 Anub. That's for 25 man heroic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't exactly HURT to wear that gear to 10-man as well now, does it? The plan is that I will have the set ready for when we get there on 25-man, which, as it looks now, won't happen until way into the next patch...

    ReplyDelete

Arnax