Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Emalon the Storm Watcher

Did the 10-man version of Emalon the Storm Watcher yesterday.

I was the adds tank, which meant I wanted to pull four adds at the same time at the start. This was best solved by me running in first, putting down a consecration under the boss and all adds, and then walk back into my corner while the other tank taunted the boss off me and ran into his corner.

We made sure there was enough distance between the two tanks so that the boss' Lightning Nova didn't hit the adds tank. The tanks should, however, not be too far apart, since this would make the lives of melee dps harder when they have to switch between the boss and the overcharged add.

As soon as an add got overcharged, I targeted it and put a skull on it. All DPS focused on this add and burnt it down as fast as possible. Shortly after the add was killed, it respawned near the boss and needed to be picked up by me.

I accidentally killed a couple of the adds while building threat, and that forced me to pick up more adds than necessary. I'll remember until next time to try to avoid killing any of the adds to make my job easier. Only the overcharged ones should be killed to reduced the number of adds needed to be picked up during the fight.

Sadly, he only dropped PvP gear this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax