Sunday, June 28, 2009

Heartbreaker


Some of us put together an ad hoc 10-man group yesterday to try some hardmodes. Before one of our healers disconnected on Iron Council, we did the XT-002 hard mode kill.

The idea is to kill the heart on the first heart phase, which then starts the hard mode. Gravity Bombs will now leave nasty void zones on the ground, and Light Bombs will leave Life Sparks that deal nasty damage and needs to be nuked fast.

After some tries we realized that there were no more adds coming after hard mode had been engaged, which meant we didn't really need two tanks. I switched to retri, but kept my shield on at the beginning, so that I could tank adds at the start.

As soon as hard mode was started, we quickly nuked the remaining adds and I equipped my two-hander to help out with the dps. With an extra dps and the extra damage reduction provided by my Divine Sacrifice (which can't really be used while tanking adds), the girlish robot went down and we got our achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax