Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crazy Old Cat Lady

On our Friday's run, we downed Auriaya for the first time.

The hardest part of this fight is the pull itself. The crazy old cat lady is patroling the area with her four cats. When engaged, the four kitties pounce the aggro target, and since they all buff eachother by increasing their fellow kitty cats' damage with 50% each (for a total of 200% extra damage when all four are close to eachother), they will quickly kill anybody in their way.

The idea is to make sure nobody is in the line of sight for the cats, so that they cannot pounce a single target to death. So we all hid behind a pillar and let the death knight tank put down a Death and Decay on the ground in front of the boss when she came strolling up some stairs with her cats. When the boss and her feline friends came running around that pillar to gank the death knight, the other two tanks (including yours truly) picked up the boss and a few of the cats.

Since they were still stacked, the cats still made some serious damage, so using survivability cooldowns were necessary. I pre-popped Holy Shield, Sacred Shield, Divine Plea (glyphed), and Divine Protection when I picked up two or three of the adds.

We had several wipes due to bad pulls, or tanks dying in the first couple of seconds in the fight. When we finally got that part of the fight in place, the rest of the fight was not that bad. She spawns mini-adds that I picked up with consecration, she spawns a bigger cat that is untankable and leaves a nasty void zone when dying, she fears, and she does a real nasty AoE damage attack (that thankfully can be interrupted).

When the cat lady where down, we continued to Hodir for a quick attempt before the raid finished. It was a wipe, but now we know what the fight looks like.

During the run I got my first Ulduar loot: Greaves of the Stonewarder. When I replaced my previous boots (Kyzoc's Ground Stompers), I gained some armor, strength, stamina, and block value, but I lost quite a chunk of avoidance. I'll keep my old shoes in my bags for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax