Thursday, April 23, 2009

Return to Ulduar

Last night we downed Kologarn after a couple of attempts. It is a pretty straight-forward fight that for some reason cost us several wipes on our last visit here (until he bugged and decided not to come back). I was assigned to the adds that spawn when his arm is killed. That job was easy except for the times when I got gripped just before the arm died, which meant I was thrown to the other side of the room when the adds spawned, and didn't have the time to run back before the adds were all over the raid.

We then returned to Ignis. This boss has been nerfed a lot since last week, but we still could only get him down to about 30%. We are mostly having problems with the adds ganking healers and not getting killed fast enough.

I have been main tanking Ignis himself on our tries so far. I kite him around the raid who stand in the middle of the room, making sure Ignis is facing away from the raid at all times. I make sure he puts down scorches close to the water before I move him to the next spot. The adds tanks try to kite the adds thru the fire to melt them and then into the water to make them brittle.

Tonight, we will go for Auriaya, Hodir, and more tries on Ignis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax