Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spec and mana in 3.1

I went with a 0/53/18 spec in 3.1. To get full Crusade, I had to skip one point in Spiritual Attunement. This had been proven in theory to be enough by the mathematically gifted tankadins in the world.
After a couple of days of raiding in Ulduar, I can say that mana is not an issue at that difficulty level. The mobs in Ulduar hit hard, so that one point in Spiritual Attunement is well enough.

Whenever I see my mana getting lower than I like, I start Divine Plea. With the new changes to the prot talent Guarded by the Light, Divine Plea is up constantly as long as you hit something. This works wonders when offtanking, which earlier had been a problem for tankadins. I can now go full out as an offtank and still have mana to spare. Very nice.

I haven't tanked any 5-man heroics since the patch, so I can't say how well mana regen works in those environments. But I assume that if mana shows to be a problem, the easiest solution is to pull more mobs, or just sit down and take some extra hits. Those tricks most tankadins are used to since TBC anyway.

So far I am happy with my new spec. I finally got the points to put into Pursuit of Justice, and the extra damage and crit makes me a happy pally :)

However, I still haven't found that darn Glyph of Divine Plea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax