Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Freya down

My guild downed Freya for the first time yesterday, in my absense. Our 10-man group has downed all but two bosses in Ulduar.
Since Guardians of Destiny isn't a hardcore raiding guild, I wonder how the hardcore raiders feel about Ulduar. Do they think it's too easy?

I can't really rate Ulduar yet myself. It's a bigger challenge than Naxx (but so is crossing the street or brushing your teeth), but we manage do down bosses after just a handful of attempts. In TBC, we wiped for weeks in Black Temple to progress, and when we started SSC and TK, wipe nights were more of a standard than an exception.
Is Ulduar easier for us because we are better players now? Or is Ulduar tuned down to make progress easier for the larger population?

Some of the bosses get nerfed every week. Ignis is the perfect example. First day, he was close to impossible. Hotfix after hotfix has nerfed him to the ground, and now he is not much of a challenge. Is Blizzard afraid of losing players if the bosses are "too hard"?

We haven't reached Mimiron in our 25-man yet, but I know our 10-man group wiped a lot before downing him. I've heard hardcore raiders say he is the first "hard" boss in the instance. That's why I don't want to rate the difficulty of Ulduar just yet. I need to see all the boss fights before I can compare to our previous experiences. At least Ulduar isn't the "free epics" Naxx was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arnax